[kaltura-widget uiconfid="535" entryid="1_r4rf3183" width="400" height="330" addpermission="-1" editpermission="-1" /]
Learning Technologies and Online Education (LTOE) is proud to announce this year’s Spotlight on Faculty Program, to be held on Wednesday April 18, 2012 in the HUB Hage Room. This popular event gives instructors a chance to present to their peers technologies they use at Plymouth State. We look forward to the many interesting presentations and the opportunity to share with colleagues!
Time and Presentation
- 3:15 pm - Opening Remarks
- 3:30 pm - Using Mahara for your Promotion and Tenure Portfolio - Michele Pruyn (Biological Sciences)
- 3:45 pm - Showcasing the sustainable Italy semester abroad through Mahara – Mary Ann McGarry (Center for the Environment)
- 4:00 pm - Using Twitter in the #Classroom - Scott Coykendall (Communication and Media Studies)
- 4:15 pm 20 pounds of paper or 1.44 pounds of iPad? - Vanessa Alander (English)
- 4:30 pm - Re-tooling course content using Moodle 2 – Zhizhang Shen (Computer Science and Technology)
- 4:45 pm - Leveraging social media for student networking and promotion – Bob Nadeau (College of Business Administration)
- 5:00 pm - Dinner break
- 5:15 pm - TurningPoint, aka “clickers” - Karen Franke (Biological Sciences)
- 5:30 pm - Using research to improve student learning online - Francis Williams (Criminal Justice)
- 5:45 pm - Bridging continents: Using technology to internationalize a PSU Counseling Practicum - K. Hridaya Hall (Counselor Education and School Psychology)
- 6:00 pm - Blogging for engagement - Deborah Brownstein (College of Business Administration)
- 6:15 pm - Using the groups feature in Mahara - Kathleen Norris (Educational Leadership, Learning and Curriculum)
- 6:30 pm - Using hand-held GPS for location-based data collection exercises - John Lennon (Social Science)
- 6:45 pm - Concluding Remarks by Learning Technologies and Online Education
Learning Technologies and Online Education (LTOE) is proud to announce this year’s Spotlight on Faculty, to be held on Wednesday April 18, 2012. This popular event gives instructors a chance to present to their peers technologies they use at Plymouth State. Proposals are welcome on a variety of instructional technologies in the classroom, whether it be face to face, blended, or online. Proposals focusing on administrative, professional development, and research applications are also welcome.
Please fill out the form at the following link to submit your proposal: http://www.plymouth.edu/office/online-education/856/spotlight-on-faculty-2012-call-for-proposals/
LTOE staff will be collecting proposals through Monday March 5, 2012 and will be contacting those selected to present at that time. Please contact a member of LTOE’s staff if you have any questions.